11 Stages Of Homework…
1. Optimism: With any luck they didn’t get much homework today and your kid will be in any way co-operative.
2. Fear: There’s a report to be written. There’s loads and loads of lines to fill. Loads.
3. Terror: He’s complaining and he hasn’t even started yet.
4. Aggravation: He got to line 2 before he stopped to pick a rubber to bits and play with a piece of string.
5. Arguments: You’re going to kill each other. You are actually going to kill each other. You need to leave the room.
6. Rage: HOW HAS HE ONLY WRITTEN 3 WORDS SINCE YOU CAME BACK TO CHECK ON HIS PROGESS?? AND WTF IS THE POINT OF HOMEWORK ANYWAY WHEN THEY’VE BEEN IN SCHOOL ALL DAY!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
7. Despair: When will it ever end?? Nobody deserves this torture!
8. Acceptance: This is not going to be his best work and you don’t really give a shit anymore. Just write a couple of sentences and go. GO!
9. Trauma: You need a glass of wine after that.
10. Relief: It’s all over. We did it. It’s done..
11. Heartbreak: Until tomorrow when you’ll do it all again…….!